1st August 2022
SUEZ publish ‘Putting Cornwall’s waste to good use’ summarising the key achievements of its work with Cornwall Council during 2021/22
SUEZ has published its annual report covering its work with Cornwall Council
over the April 2021 to March 2022 contract year.
The report showcases how waste in the Duchy is being put to good use by recovering materials for new products and packaging, and generating energy to power homes from the waste that isn’t recycled. It also shows how local communities in Cornwall are benefiting from the contract through employment and training, education programmes, beach cleans and support for charities and community initiatives.
The report illustrates how SUEZ and Cornwall Council have been working together on delivering Cornwall’s resource and waste strategy.
Highlights of the report include:
- Over 99% of waste diverted from landfill
- Our visitor centres at Bodmin materials recycling facility and Cornwall energy recovery centre successfully reopened
and welcomed 1,502 visitors
- Household waste recycling centres recycling rates increased to 48.52%
- Over 150 tonnes of materials re-used
- We supported 10 local and national charities